- If getting the appropriate forwarding service from CenturyLink is too much of a pain in the ass, just port it to a service like OOMA or OBi.
- Also See:
- More number porting tips.
Phone Number Forwarding
- 5.4.19 NUMBER FORWARDING (Qwest Corporation d/b/a CenturyLink QC)
- Description: Number Forwarding allows a residence customer to have a telephone number identity without having an exchange access line. Calls placed to the telephone number can be forwarded to any other telephone number within the same local calling area. $10.00 Set-Up Fee | $8.00 Monthly Rate
Phone Number Forwarding in the Cloud
- Virtual Phone Numbers: Cloud Phone enables small businesses to quickly, easily, and affordably set up virtual phone numbers with advanced call forwarding features. Business phone systems are complex, Cloud Phone is simple.
- Buy a phone number anywhere: Have your own local phone number in any city or country worldwide. Showing a local number to visitors at your web site increases trust and sales. Incoming calls are forwarded anywhere worldwide at the cost of a local call. From $0.89/month.
- With our Cloud VoIP service, you can get VoIP service completely in the cloud with no equipment required on your end. We offer toll-free numbers and US local numbers that can be forwarded to any US number (like a cell phone) or used with a SIP device. Once you have a number, you'll also be able to use SIP devices to make outgoing calls to US numbers with your cloud account.
Platform as a Service & Cloud based APIs
- Text Messaging, VoIP & Voice in the Cloud API Services
- How To: Port Your Landline to Twilio, Forward to Your Mobile Phone
- Voice Pricing for Phone Numbers & Calls - Twilio
- I may be able to port my landline numbers here for $1/mo. Maybe even my 800 numbers too for $2/mo.
- NUMBER PORTING TIPS
- To obtain a Customer Service Record (CSR), you’ll need to contact your current carrier, and you may need to ask for your carrier’s Porting Team. Please specify that you want the customer service record on file with the carrier, not merely your billing records. In many cases, the billing record and the customer service record will have the same information, but this is not necessarily going to be the case. Therefore, it’s best to ask specifically for the CSR.
- Top 4 Twilio Alternatives to Consider Matt Grech, GetVoip, June 01, 2016
- Who are Twilio's competitors?
- Why Plivo Cloud Is Better Than Twilio
- When Your App Is in the Cloud (New York Times. Identifies Tropo and Plivo.)
- Twilio Alternatives- A Guide to Choose SMS & Voice APIs for Your on-demand Mobile App
- Develop products with intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services—backed by Bandwidth's own nationwide, dedicated VoIP network.
- PLIVO (Commercial)
- PLIVO (Open Source)
- Plivo Open Source: An open source framework for developers to prototype voice call applications.
Phone Number Parking
- NUMBER PARKING SERVICES
Hint: Forget about number parking and look into one of the Twilio options.
- Park Your Landline Number - numberbarn.com
- Port number to NumberBarn and park it. Starts at $2/mo. You can customize outgoing message.
- Parking service ($4/mo.) is more expensive than Number Barn ($2/mo.).
- Crappy looking website. $3/mo. parking with no apparent option to customize the "parked" message.